Demolition-Day 1
ProudMum: uh-oh!
ProudMum: hope it's Shane, not Will!
dana: ya its Shane. But I can hear Will yelling "Oh, its too loud!"
dana: "Oh no, daddy what are you DOING!"
ProudMum: lol
dana: It sounds like I should go help with the Demolition!
dana: "Daddy Don't break it!" "Daddy! You Broke that!"
ProudMum: so funny
dana: "look it daddy, its broken!"
ProudMum: you should post about what Will's saying, this is great stuff!
dana: "Don't Break IT!"
ProudMum: hahahahahahahahahaha!
dana: "You're gonna break that!"
dana: ...now its quiet...
**************************************
Yesterday was Shane's Friday off. He gets every other Friday off. This is what the closet looked like when I left for volleyball with the kids. Earlier this week we had cleaned out all of our clothes from the closet.
This is what the closet looked like when I came home from Volleyball.

We ate lunch, and put Syd down for a nap. Then I went to look for bathroom appliance stores around ABQ instead of just the regular Lowe's or Home Depot. I was online looking at questdex.com, and IMing with Proud Mum. Shane had begun the demolition without me, and without warning Will what he was going to do.





We tore out the wall between the bathroom and the closet.


We removed all the fixtures. Including, the door, the sink and cabinets, the vanity, and the toilet. We haven't removed the lights yet because we're not sure how to get the thing off the wall!


While we were waiting for the batteries to charge for the power tools so we could pull out the studs, I began cutting out the carpet and pad. Once the batteries were charged Shane was able to cut out the rest of the wall studs. We swept up, and called it a night.



The next thing I know Shane has gotten his violin, and music and locked himself in the bedroom. The kids were in bed, and he just couldn't pass up the opportunity to practice in a room that was "echo-y". He loved how it sounded in there!

So far the only un-forseen delemna we ran into during the demolition is this black pipe. Its the ventilation pipe for the sewer line. Its in the wall right next to the tub, so that wall will have to come out into the room a littler farther than we had originally planned. That wall will be for the Shower. And on the other side of the wall will be the claw-foot tub.
We still have to pull out the tub and shower. Remove the tile from the floor. Get that light fixture off the wall, remove the carpet strips (Man those things are a pain, they splinter everywhere), and get the floor all smooth. We will then be done with demo and start on construction! Oh and we still need to buy some more stuff.


2 Comments:
i am totally impressed that you guys are tackling this head on.
i'm a big chicken. i'm not sure i could have actually ever started.
By
fourth_fret, at 11:15 AM
You guys ROCK!
(And Will is just about the funniest kid I've ever not met.)
By
Proud Mum, at 6:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home